Every treatment center is different, and areas of strength for one treatment center might be areas of weakness for another. When choosing the best treatment program for you, it is always a good idea to consider your personal needs and evaluate how the provided services align with these needs. The United States Addiction Rehab Industry Report 2020 found that there were upwards of 14,000 treatment centers in the U.S. An estimated 3.7 million Americans received addiction treatment of some kind during the same year. However, the 2020 National Survey on Drug Use and Health found that nearly 40 million people throughout the country suffered from a diagnosable substance use disorder. Only a small percentage of individuals in need of professional treatment received help of any kind.
Why is this? Why do so few of those who suffer from alcoholism and/or drug addiction receive professional, clinical care? There are several reasons, including:
- Adequate treatment options can be difficult to come by in certain regions of the country. For many individuals, traveling to a different city or state for addiction treatment is the only option.
- People are unaware of the recovery resources that are readily available to them. Unfortunately, many individuals fail to seek treatment simply because they don’t know that treatment is accessible to them. They might mistakenly believe they cannot afford to go to treatment, bypassing state-funded treatment options.
- They are “not ready” to go to treatment, or they believe they can overcome addiction on their own. Many individuals who suffer from a diagnosable substance use disorder believe they don’t need treatment to overcome addiction. Unfortunately, because of the chronic, progressive, and relapsing nature of the disease, treatment is often required for longer term sobriety to be achieved and maintained.
If you or someone you love has been struggling to quit drinking or using drugs, Recovery Centers is available to help. We will help you find a top-rated treatment center in your area. All you have to do is reach out for help, and we will take care of the rest.
Qualities of a Top-Rated Treatment Center
What makes a treatment center top-rated? In most cases, this means that the treatment center has a high success rate (a high percentage of clients stay sober once treatment concludes), it is both licensed and accredited, it offers a wide range of treatment services, and it is staffed by a team of licensed and highly experienced professionals. The majority of top-rated treatment centers are privately funded, meaning they are not run by the state and they are often more expensive than other, less reputable options. However, many top-rated treatment centers accept health insurance, meaning that if you are currently insured through a major provider you might be able to attend treatment at no cost to you.
There are several factors that differentiate a top-rated treatment center from other treatment centers in your area. If you would like to learn more about finding a top-rated addiction treatment option near you, contact us today.
Reputable, top-rated treatment centers pay close attention to the unique needs of each individual client. Addiction looks different for everyone, and no two treatment plans should be identical.
Integrated Treatment Options
Integrated treatment essentially means that the whole person is addressed — the mind, body, and spirit. This often means that a combination of evidence therapies, holistic treatment options, and 12 Step program education is offered on a daily basis.
An Experienced & Compassionate Staff
The staff makes the treatment center. When doing your research, look into the licensure of the staff members. Are there therapists and psychiatric professionals on staff? Are the therapists trained in a variety of evidence-based therapies? Take your personal needs into consideration. For example, if you are looking for a dual diagnosis treatment center for unresolved trauma, make sure there is a licensed and experienced trauma therapist on staff.
High Success Rates
It is important to remember that the “success” of a treatment center is most successfully measured by the alumni program. If many past program participants have remained sober for a year or more once completing treatment, there is a good chance the program is effective. Of course, not everyone will stay sober. People must also put in the legwork and continue with their personal aftercare plans.
Attention to Aftercare Planning
In many cases, an aftercare plan means the difference between continued sobriety and eventual relapse. Effective aftercare plans take the needs of each individual client into careful consideration.
A Focus on the Family
Addiction is a family disease, seeing as all members of the family are impacted by the devastation of active addiction. Top-quality services offer family therapy and a range of other treatment services geared towards helping the loved ones of each client.
The Importance of Amenities
When looking for a top-rated treatment center, it is a good idea to research the provided amenities. Some treatment centers offer luxury amenities, from private bedrooms equipped with flat-screen televisions to private gyms, indoor pools, and on-site spas. Other treatment centers are more bare-bones, and might offer semi-private bedrooms, an on-site kitchen in which residents are encouraged to prepare their own meals, and very little else. When looking for a treatment center near you, it is a good idea to consider which amenities are important to you. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is privacy important to me? If so, does the treatment center offer private bedrooms?
- Am I looking for a treatment center that provides daily, chef-prepared meals or catered meals, or am I okay with cooking for myself on a daily basis?
- Am I looking for a treatment center with an on-site exercise center or gym, or does the treatment center transport clients to an off-site gym or yoga studio on a regular basis?
- Does the treatment center have medical staff available around-the-clock?
- Does the treatment center focus on client comfort, providing all of the comforts of home along with additional amenities to help facilitate the healing process?
What to Avoid in a Treatment Center
Just as there are certain amenities to keep an eye out for, there is a list of things you will want to actively avoid when choosing the right treatment center for you.
- Avoid committing to a treatment center that is not licensed or accredited through the state it is located in. First and foremost, look for the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval.
- Avoid treatment centers that make bold, sweeping promises. Maybe a treatment center promises “lifelong sobriety,” “a rapid detox,” or “a cure for addiction.” It is important to remember that addiction is a chronic and relapsing brain disease, and there is no cure or quick fix.
- Avoid rehab centers that are not willing to answer any questions you might have about the facility itself or the services provided.
- Avoid rehab centers that are unwilling to put you in contact with alumni.
- Avoid rehab services that offer you something in exchange for your insurance information.
If you have additional questions about what to avoid when looking into numerous treatment options, we are available to help. Contact us today to learn more.
Finding a top-rated treatment center near you is as easy as reaching out for help. As soon as you make the decision to contact us you will be connected with someone who can help you find a reputable treatment facility in your area. We understand that taking the first step towards a life of addiction recovery can seem overwhelming, and that is why we are standing by to help walk you through the initial stages of the recovery process. We look forward to speaking with you soon and helping you in any way that we can.